Twist the old filter a quarter or half-turn counterclockwise
Frigidaire PureSource & PureSourcePlus – Only
- Unscrew the filter cup and dump out the water
- Pull the old filter straight down and discard
Frigidaire PureSource2 – Only
- Press the button to the right of the filter to release it
- Pull the old filter straight out and discard
Whirlpool & KitchenAid Base-Grille "Push Button" – Only
- Press the button to the left of the filter to release it
- Pull the filter straight out, and remove the reusable color-keyed cap from the end
- Discard the old filter
- If your filter is located in the base grille of your fridge, don't throw away your reusable knob!
- Don't worry– nearly all refrigerators will automatically shut the water off while the filter is out.