It’s that time of year.
We look forward to the fall, while summer temperatures continue to increase.
Every last trip we plan, whether to the beach or the deep into the Great Outdoors, may just be the last of the year.
And while we may be thirsty, the seasonal doldrums make it more difficult to focus on what we need to do in order to stay hydrated.
If we’ve made it past Independence Day, but are still too far away to consider ourselves in the ‘dog days,’ it’s safe to say that many of us may find ourselves in the summer doldrums.
While this is a great time of year to give ourselves an excuse to be a little lazy, we never want this peaceful malaise to get in the way of all-important hydration.
After all, we still have a lot to look forward to, including:
1. MLB All-Star Game – the one All-Star Game in all four major professional sports that matters, the Major League Baseball All-Star Game will be played tonight (July 15th) in our home base of Minneapolis, MN.
Whether you plan to attend the game in person, or watch it from the comfort of your clean air-conditioned home, drinking enough water throughout the day will ensure you can stay awake through the inevitable late end without feeling like a zombie the next day.
2. That Last Camping Trip of the Season – that last camping trip of the season is a great time to create memories that will last a lifetime. Unfortunately, it’s also a great time for Mother Nature to create harmful algae blooms in major waterways found around campsites, including the Great Lakes.
Algae bloom or no algae bloom, you can never be sure what type of water quality conditions or shortages you may run into when leaving the comfort of your home. To ensure you stay hydrated in even the most unexpected and inhospitable outdoors conditions, we would highly recommend browsing our selection of camping or RV filters, prior to your trip.
3. Football Camp – in late summer, football players at nearly every level – from high school to pro – will have reported to their respective camps. A sport more suited to be played in brisker fall temperatures, there have been far too many unfortunate and tragic incidents related to dehydration of players simply not accustomed to the summer conditions. (Our own Korey Stringer comes immediately to mind.)
If you are reporting to camp, or know someone that is, remember to always have or insist upon having a source of hydration close by. We can even help with our robust selection of eco-friendly water bottles, found here.
4. Month Three of Dry Air Conditioned Air – this time of year, it can be difficult to stay hydrated, even if you forgo those last outings in favor of the Great Indoors. The reason why is that air conditioned air can be very dry, despite being quite comfortable temperature-wise. If you prefer to be a homebody this time of the summer, be sure that you have what you need on hand – from water bottles to those replacement fridge filters you need – to help you stay hydrated in the face of dry indoor air.
5. Back to School! – while the official calendar may still say it’s summertime, the school calendar says it’s time to come back. Whether you are a parent breathing a sigh of relief, or a student getting prepped, remember that one of the keys to staying smart is to stay hydrated. But don’t just take our slightly biased word for it. Dr. Philippa Norman shares how hydration is key to brain health on her site, here.
To help ensure your whole family is able to stay hydrated during back to school season, check out our selection of water bottles (linked here, once again) – or simply ensure that all filters in your home are ready to handle back to school hydration duties by finding the entire range of filters you need at our online store.
What else do you do to ensure you stay hydrated in late summer, and just as importantly, what late summer events do you ensure you stay hydrated for? I invite you to share, via a comment below.
I also invite you to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or +1 us on Google+ to be the first to learn about exclusive deals and new products.
Are you a veteran, currently serving in the Armed Forces, or are you placing an order on behalf of a veteran or soldier?
Use the discount code ‘SOLDIER’ at checkout to take 10% off your entire order at FridgeFilters.com!