Twist the old filter a quarter or half-turn counterclockwise
Frigidaire PureSource & PureSourcePlus – Only
- Unscrew the filter cup and dump out the water
- Pull the old filter straight down and discard
Frigidaire PureSource2 – Only
- Press the button to the right of the filter to release it
- Pull the old filter straight out and discard
Whirlpool & KitchenAid Base-Grille "Push Button" – Only
- Press the button to the left of the filter to release it
- Pull the filter straight out, and remove the reusable color-keyed cap from the end
- Discard the old filter
- If your filter is located in the base grille of your fridge, don't throw away your reusable knob!
14,00,000,000 B.C.E. The first molecules of water form in space after an early star explodes in a supernova (try filming that, Michael Bay.)
4,000,000,000 B.C.E. Liquid water on planet Earth–IN YOUR FACE, NEPTUNE AND MARS!
2000 B.C.E. Egyptians boil water and use crude sand and charcoal filters like, you know, Egyptians.
400 B.C.E. Hippocrates designs a sleeve-like cloth filter. He uses his "water cure" to treat many diseases but sadly does not cure his baldness.
500-1500 A.D. Beer is the staple beverage of Europeans because the fermentation process naturally purifies water and they need more excuses to day-drink.
1627 Sir Francis Bacon attempts seawater filtration. Read More