The cooler weather is finally here! Everything is changing as nature prepares for the upcoming winter months. After a long hot summer I am really excited to feel the temperature drop and see the leaves changing color. Of course, the changing seasons are also a great reminder to check on the little things around the house too. Here’s a little checklist for you with a couple quick home maintenance tips.
- Inspect and (possibly) clean out your gutters
- Clean or replace dirty furnace filters
- Test smoke and CO monitors (especially if you use your fireplace in the winter)
- Check for gaps in caulk and weather-stripping around windows and doors
- Check your roof for missing shingles, cracks in flashing and wind damage
While you’re busy preparing your home for the colder weather, go ahead and check on your water filter too.Read More