1) Tap water is treated to kill bacteria so it really is safe to drink
2) Drinking tap water is much cheaper than buying expensive bottled water
3) 75% of survey participants in New York City actually preferred the taste of tap water
4) City water systems are required to report to consumers what is in their water
5) If you don’t like the taste of tap water try using a water filter to add that extra step of purification and remove the chlorine taste and any odors.
Tips to help you get the most out of your drinking water:
Use the money you would have used to buy bottled water to purchase a water filtration system and a few reusable containers.
Odds are that you are on the go for most of the day so try filling re-usable containers with filtered drinking water instead of using bottled water. Keep a couple of canteens or other reusable containers full of filtered water in your refrigerator so you can always have easy access to a supply of fresh, clean drinking water. This is better for the environment and will save you a lot of money.
Filtered water tastes great and is highly inexpensive compared to the cost of bottled water, with most water filters only needing to be replaced about once every six months. If you have a source of fresh water (i.e. a faucet, refrigerator water dispenser, etc) there is a water filtration system that will work for you.